Let Sleeping Dogs Lie - Elevated Pet Bed
So you’re thinking of adding a new furry family member? Great! But there are a few things one must think about, one of them being – where will he sleep? The time has come to consider an elevated pet bed.
When it comes to bed time for your darling dog, nothing beats an elevated pet bed. It’s only natural for us to want our fur babies to be as happy and comfortable as possible, and buying them the perfect bed is one way in which we do this. Most of us think buying plush, cushy beds are the best option but as comfortable as they may look, these types of beds are a breeding ground for moulds, fleas, mites, etc. Here we’ll take a look at some of the benefits and features of the elevated dog bed and why it may just be the best bed for your best friend.
Features of the elevated pet bed:
- Sturdy powder-coated steel frame
- Easily removable cover
- UV treated cover to resist fading
- Breathable fabric
- Available in four sizes, to suit any dog breed
- Spare covers available for purchase
The benefits of an elevated pet bed:
- Elevates pet off the hard ground
- this ensures more comfort and a softer sleeping spot
- Orthopaedic qualities
- easier to get in and out of making it a gentler option for older dogs, dogs with arthritis, etc.
- provides firm, even support for dog’s body and reduces stress and pressure on areas such as elbows and hips.
- Keeps your pooch at a comfortable temperature
- warmer in winter off the cold, sometimes damp floor and cooler in summer due to the great air circulation.
- Improved air circulation also - reduces the likelihood of mold, mildew and odours
- allows damp dogs to dry off quickly
- easy to move around the house or outside - doesn’t take up much space so easy to travel with
- Chew resistant
- no stuffing or squishy bits for puppy to chew on or rip apart.
- Simple, elevated design makes it easy to clean
- easy to brush off dirt and debris
- easy to sweep around and under
- Suitable for indoor or outdoor use
- Can be dressed up or down
- Can just add blankets in the cold winter months and remove them when it gets warmer
All in all, elevated pet beds are more practical, better for your fur baby’s health and, although not as fancy or plush as some of the beds out there, it certainly makes for a happier best friend and a happy, fuss-free owner. Just don’t try telling that to your cat…
Creative Living offer an entire range of elevated pet beds, shop for yours now.