Pickup your order for free
Pickup your order for free
There is nothing more delicious than some homemade hot chocolate on a cold winter’s day. With winter on our doorstep, biting cold and rainy days, what better way to keep warm than with a steaming cup of homemade hot chocolate!
Here are some tempting hot chocolate recipes. Whilst many can be enjoyed by the entire family, we have included a few recipes for the coffee lovers too!
OLD FASHION HOT CHOCOLATE
• 56 grams unsweetened chocolate
• 1/3 cup white granulated sugar
• 4 cups of whole milk
• 1 of pinch salt
• 1/2 a teaspoon vanilla extract
• Garnish with whipped cream or marshmallows
1. In a small saucepan, place milk, sugar, salt, and chocolate. Set stove to a medium heat and stir ingredients until the chocolate melts and the mixture is well blended.
2. Remove saucepan from heat and stir in the vanilla extract.
3. Pour the hot chocolate into mugs and garnish with your choice of whipped cream or marshmallows.
VANILLA MOCHA HOT COCOA
If you prefer coffee, then this recipe is for you! The Vanilla Mocha Hot Cocoa boasts a bold taste with the combination of decadent dark chocolate and coffee.
• 4 1/2 cups whole milk (or other milk substitute)
• 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
• 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
• 170 grams semi-sweet or dark chocolate, chopped.
• 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
• 1 tablespoon instant coffee powder
• 1 pinch flaky salt
• whipped cream, for serving.
1. In a large pot, add the milk, chocolate, coffee granules, cocoa powder, vanilla, maple syrup and milk. Place the pot over a medium heat, until the milk is scalding. Be sure not to let it boil. Stir the mixture intermittently so that none of the ingredients adhere to the bottom of the pot.
2. When the hot cocoa is steaming remove from heat and poor into mugs. Top with a dollop of whipped cream.
3. Garnish with some grated nutmeg or cinnamon to add that little extra.
PEANUT BUTTER HOT CHOCOLATE
A classic combination of chocolate and peanut butter, the Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate is sure to entice!
• 1-1/2 cups of milk
• 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate pieces
• 1/4 cup of creamy peanut butter
• Whipped cream or 1 cup heavy whipping cream
• 1 teaspoon sweetener OR 2 teaspoons sugar
• Chocolate syrup
• 2 tablespoons melted peanut butter.
1. In a saucepan add the chocolate, milk and the ¼ cup of creamy peanut butter. Heat the mixture over medium heat, stirring until hot and creamy.
2. Pour mixture into mugs and begin prepping for the topping.
3. In a separate bowl mix whipping cream and sweetener/sugar with an electric mixer until the mixture forms soft peaks
4. Top the hot chocolate with equal amounts of whipped cream. Drizzle with chocolate syrup and melted peanut butter and serve warm!
Three equally delicious hot chocolate recipes for you to enjoy this winter. For more visit us at Creative Living.